On July 17th I set my lovely BeautyJunkMe readers a compeition: the first person to get 5 of their friends (who are not on my friends list) to ‘Like’ the BeautyJunkMe Facebook page will receive a care package. After a tense day of Facebook activity, my lovely friend Jess from the States won. Congratulations!
- Estee Lauder Re-nutriv Hand creame (duluxe sample) 30ml
- Pack of bendy hair rollers
- Clinque liquid facial mild soap (sample) 30ml
- Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Intense Softening lotion (duluxe sample) 30ml
- VO5 hot oil tube – full size – 5ml
- Blue Barry M nail polish – 10ml – full size
- L’Occitane soap – full size – 25g
- Aussi 3 minute miracle mask – full size – 20ml
- Shu uermura cleansing oil – sample – 4ml
- Body Shop fuzzy peach shower gel – full size – 250ml
- 100 Tesco 100% organic cotton pads
- Laura mercier fresh fig soufflé body crème – full size – 85g
- Laura mercier almond coconut milk scrub – full size – 150g
- Thorntons dark chocolate and chilli chocolate – 50g
After 1 week the package arrived safely with Jess. Here are Jess’s thoughts on the care package:
“I’m the type of girl whose beauty regime consists of face cleanser, moisturizer and sunscreen. I’m totally hopeless with all things make-up, but I’m making the effort to learn!
- Barry M Nail Paint in Blueberry I/C: The color is fantastic! It’s a gorgeous summery and fun blue. The nail polish is also a great quality. It goes on very smoothly. I’m a huge fan of Essie polish, but I’m very pleased so far with Barry M too! I’ll have to keep an eye out for it here in the States.
- Laura Mercier Fresh Fig Soufflé Body Crème: Smells amazing, but doesn’t have an overbearing scent. It’s very creamy and I didn’t have to use a lot of it.
- Thorntons Chocolate with Chili: nom nom nom!
Most Excited to Try…
- Aussie 3 Minute Miracle: I actually own a bottle of this deep conditioner, but I’m excited to see if the one they make across the pond is different from the American version. It probably has fewer carcinogens.
- Laura Mercier Almond Coconut Milk Scrub: It smells amazing!!! The scrub also has very fine exfoliating beads, which is great because there is nothing worse than a rough scrub that makes you wonder if you might as well use sandpaper.
- The Body Shop Fuzzy Peach Bath & Shower Gel: Smells like a delicious fruit cup!
Totally Confused By:
- VO5 Hot Oil: No idea how to use this. It’s for hair, right? Help, Cat!
- Estee Lauder Re-nutriv Intensive Softening Lotion: This has the consistency of hand soap, but it’s a lotion? For body? For hands? To be used with the Estee Lauder Re-Nutriv Intensive Smoothing Hand Crème?
- Shu Uermura Skin Purifier Cleansing Beauty Oil: How do I use this? Do you put it on and wash it off or leave it on? After cleansing? In lieu of moisturizer?”
To answer your questions Jess: hot oil is for your hair: place the sealed tube of oil in hot water to heat it through for ~1 minute. Apply to wet, unwashed hair then rinse and wash as normal. The softening lotion is for your face, you can use it as a toner or just instead or serum before bed time. The Shu Uermura Oil is essentially an oil based make-up remover, you just leave it on (though I always like to wash it off as I’m not a fan of an oily face before bed!).
Stay tuned for more competitions!